- Online application system opens mid-month (see the Graduate Admissions site for the specific date.
- We suggest that you take the GRE and TOEFL (if applicable) by mid-December
- International Policy Studies and Stanford University will be closed for two weeks for the University's Holiday Closure at the end of December and early January*
- Application deadline for IPS (usually the first or second Tuesday of the month; check Graduate Admissions site for official date)
- Applications are processed; applicants can view the status of their application on the 'Checklist', within the application system; and will be notified if their application is incomplete or missing information
- Admissions committee reviews applications
- Decisions are made at the end of February or in early March
- Decision letters are sent to applicants in early-mid March, including any offer of financial assistance
- “Admit Day” held in early April for interested admitted students
- Stanford University requires offers of admission to be accepted, denied or deferred by April 15th for those who have been offered fellowship support. For those who are not offered a fellowship, the deadline for responding to the offer of admission will be towards the end of April.
*Due to the Holiday Closure, we advise students to complete and submit the application by mid-December. Should you experience problems with the application system, or have last minute questions, staff will not be on hand to assist during this period.